London Bridges Walk Terms & Conditions
Conditions of entry:
· By entering the London Bridges Walk in aid of The Griffin Institute, Hillingdon Hospitals Charity, London North West Healthcare Charity, The Red Lion Group and St Mark’s Hospital Foundation (the partner charities), you confirm you are 18 years or older, and you have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions which is the basis of your relationship with the partner charities.
The Event / Medical conditions
· We strongly advise participants to consult their GP before undertaking any form of exercise, in particular if you are in any doubt about your ability to take part in The London Bridges Walk or you have any underlying medical condition – for example; uncontrolled high blood pressure; heart condition; pregnant.
· You acknowledge that this is a walk and not a race and participation in this event may be physically demanding – for example; walking up and down steps and walking the distance required to reach the designated finish point.
· You understand that walking along public roadways is potentially hazardous and you must walk and not jog or run.
· You are responsible for ensuring that you, your team members and any children that you are responsible for taking part in this walk are physically fit enough and able to participate.
· Your participation in the London Bridges Walk is at your own risk and the partner charities shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage howsoever caused to you, any child participant or to any personal property in connection with the London Bridges Walk other than for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Entry fee / Registration Fee / Fundraising
· The Entry / Registration fee for this event is £15 per adult; £10 per child (under the age of 16 at the time of the event); £60 for a corporate team of up to 5 participants.
· The Registration fee is non-refundable (unless we cancel the event as set out below).
· If for any reason you are unable to take part after your place has been reserved, you will let the event organiser know as soon as possible as places are not transferable.
· As this is a charitable sponsored event we would kindly ask that each participant aims to raise and, if possible, exceed the suggested minimum sponsorship amount, £250 per person, £400 for a family of up to 4 people including 2 children under 16, £900 for a corporate team of up to 5 people.
· All fundraising activity undertaken as part of The London Bridges Walk must be for the benefit of the partner charities only and participants agree that all funds raised as a result of their participation shall be raised using legal methods and in compliance with the advice given in the information relating to the event provided to participants (“Event Information”). Event Information may be provided in any form including but not limited to pre-event correspondence, guidance given on the day of the event or in the event registration pack.
· Closing date for entries is Wednesday June 22, 2022 (subject to availability of places).
· You must check all information sent to you and if applicable make sure that you arrive at the nominated start point in good time.
· All children (under the age of 16 at the time of the event) taking part in the London Bridges Walk must be accompanied by a parent / guardian at all times.
· If you are entering any child / children as participants in the London Bridges Walk, you hereby confirm that you are the parent / guardian of that child / children.
· The London Bridges Walk will only be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances or under government guidance due to Covid 19. In such an eventuality all participants will be notified as soon as possible and information will be posted on the event website. If we have to cancel The London Bridges Walk, then we will refund your registration fee to you on request.
· Please make sure you are wearing suitable clothing and footwear to undertake The London Bridges Walk. If a participant is not wearing clothing or footwear which we deem suitable on safety grounds, then they may be refused access to the event.
· Please do not bring anything valuable to The London Bridges Walk. All valuable items should be kept with walkers or put in a secure place such as a locked car. The organisers cannot take any responsibility for any personal items.
· The organisers reserve the right to refuse someone access or entry to The London Bridges Walk. Examples of reasons include but are not restricted to; misuse of alcohol or other substances, sight of an injury which would make it unsafe for the participant to compete.
Use of photos or film
· By entering the event you give permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any photo images or video footage broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other account of this event by the partner charities in any future fundraising or publicity materials including national and regional press and on our websites as well as on the partner charities social media accounts. In addition, you agree to the partner charities storing copies of such photo images or video footage.
Parental Consent for use of photos or film
· Parents / guardians with parental responsibility who are entering their child / children in the event hereby give permission in relation to any photo images or video footage taken on the day of their child / children, for the free use of their name, voice or picture in any photo images or video footage broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other account of this event by the partner charities in any future fundraising or publicity materials including national and regional press and on the partner charities websites and social media accounts. In addition, you agree to the partner charities storing copies of such photo images or video footage and your child / children’s contact details in case we need to contact you.
· If you do not want any photos or video footage taken of you or your child / children at the event, or would like to discuss further please let us know as soon as possible by contacting the Organiser – The Griffin Institute: 0203 958 0500 / email@example.com
Food and drink
· For safety reasons, no alcohol will be served, provided or permitted at The London Bridges Walk.
· Dogs are allowed at The London Bridges Walk event but must be kept on a lead throughout the event, are the owners responsibility at all times and all owners must clear up after their dogs.
· During the registration process, you will be asked to specify how you would like to be kept in touch with the partner charities – newsletters, fundraising events, opportunities to donate, etc.
· If you choose not to stay in touch, we will use any details you provide for event administration purposes only.
· You will be asked to provide contact details at the registration stage.
· We will never pass on your details to any other organisations to use for their own purposes and you can find out about how we (The Griffin Institute, the event organiser) use and look after data at https://griffininstitute.org.uk/privacy/
Delays and Force Majeure
· We do not accept liability for any delays in travel arrangements, the start time or other timings associated with the event, or reasonable changes to the itinerary in the event of Force Majeure. Force Majeure means any unusual or unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control – including but not limited to an act of God, war, accident, failure of power supply, abnormal or bad weather, fire, explosion, labour disturbance, or transport delays.
· This event is organised by The Griffin Institute and St Mark’s Hospital Foundation, Northwick Park & St Mark’s Hospital Campus, Watford Road, Harrow, HA1 3UJ. The Griffin Institute is the brand name of Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research (NPIMR), a company limited by guarantee No 3445616 and Registered Charity Number 1129348.
· Any questions regarding this event should be sent to: Ian Tate, Fundraising Events Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org