London Bridges Walk

In aid of

Join us on Sunday 27th June 2021, for a fun, family-friendly walk across 10 iconic London Bridges. As you enjoy awe-inspiring views of a multitude of London landmarks, you’ll be helping us bridge the gap in funding while enabling The Griffin Institute to improve outcomes for cancer patients and provide patient-centred and life-changing biomedical research and training and St Mark’s Hospital Foundation to create a future free from the fear of bowel disease.

Vital funds will be raised to:

The Griffin Institute

• Improve cancer outcomes

• Increase awareness of training opportunities for healthcare professionals to combat cancer

• Support the training of the next generation of surgeons

• Sustain Research & Development (R&D) projects conducted at The Griffin Institute including work on breast reconstruction, wound healing solutions, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), testing drugs for liver disease, orthopaedic research, as well as COVID-19 initiatives

St Mark’s Hospital Foundation

• Support Research, Education and Innovation at St Mark’s Hospital which is the UK’s national bowel hospital.

• Support St Mark’s Hospital Foundation’s mission to create a future free from the fear of bowel disease.

• Enable research covering all areas of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, hereditary cancer, innovation in surgery and endoscopy, anorectal, bowel regeneration, cancer and patient safety and quality of care.

As the organising charity, The Griffin Institute will receive 100% of funds raised by registrants who select The Griffin Institute as their chosen charity at the point of registration. St Mark’s Hospital Foundation will receive 70% of funds raised by registrants who select St Mark’s Hospital Foundation as their chosen charity at the point of registration. The organising charity The Griffin Institute will receive the other 30%. The Griffin Institute will receive 70% of funds raised by registrants who select both charities at the point of registration. St Mark’s Hospital Foundation will receive the other 30%. The Griffin Institute will receive all event registration fees to help cover event costs.

[Specific route may change slightly]

Route Details:

Options to walk either 6.5 or 13 miles.

Join us as we set foot on 10 of the iconic bridges decorating the Thames: Vauxhall, Lambeth, Westminster, Golden Jubilee, Waterloo, Blackfriars, Millennium, Southwark, London, finishing at the historic Tower bridge, accompanied by so many famous landmarks along the way! 

Registration Details:

Registration Fee:

£15 Adults | £10 Children

Minimum Sponsorship:

£250 per person or £350 per family up to 4

If you would like to join as a company, you can register as a Corporate Team of 5:

Registration: £60 | Minimum sponsorship: £500

 

DSC_0098

What will participants receive from The Griffin Institute and St Mark’s Hospital Foundation?

• Regular updates to inspire you with training and fundraising

• Fundraising tips

• Free branded event t-shirt and medal

• Free refreshments

• Support from The Griffin Institute and St Mark’s Hospital Foundation team every step of the way

• Medical support on the day

And more!

Fundraising!

As soon as you register, we will send you a link to Virgin Money Giving to help you get your fundraising campaign underway.

There is also an option to donate offline if you are using a sponsorship form. Please:

• Call +44(0)203 958 0500 to make a card payment

• Send cheques made payable to ‘The Griffin Institute’, with a copy of your sponsorship form, addressed to the Organiser:

The Griffin Institute
Northwick Park and St Mark’s Hospital,
Y Block, Watford Road,
Harrow, Middlesex,
HA1 3UJ

Any Questions?

Please read the event FAQ’s (here).

You can also read our Terms & Conditions here.

 

Cancellation: The London Bridges Walk will only be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances or under government guidance due to COVID-19 19. In such an eventuality all participants will be notified as soon as possible and information will be posted on The Griffin Institute and St Mark’s Hospital Foundation’s website. Should we have to cancel The London Bridges Walk, then we will refund your registration fee to you on request.

Beautiful view of the Tower Bridge in London, UK. Amazing symbol of England.

Contact Us

Email: info@griffininstitute.org.uk

Phone: +44(0)203 958 0500

Address: The Griffin Institute
Northwick Park and St Mark’s Hospital,
Y Block, Watford Road,
Harrow, Middlesex,
HA1 3UJ
(access via St Mark’s Hospital main entrance)

Nearest Underground Station: Northwick Park (Metropolitan Line)
Nearest National Rail Station: Kenton (London Euston to Watford Junction Line)
Local Bus Routes: No 186, 223, H9, H10, H14, H18, H19, N18