The Griffin Institute’s scientific and research team is providing high quality studies to propel your research, through the most appropriate models, into the market place.
We are conveniently sited next to London North West Healthcare NHS Trust which includes St Marks Hospital a world famous specialist hospital in the treatment of bowel disease. This proximity ensures that introductions can be made and advice sort from clinicians to further enhance the progress of your product.
We can provide a full, comprehensive and bespoke service tailored to your requirements with all our surgical facilities and laboratories certified by the MHRA as a GLP facility, in accordance with Directive 2004/9/EC.
Our team of dedicated staff have many years of experience and are happy to discuss and advise the correct model/surgical technique for your particular research.
Preclinical Services and Surgical Research
Our current range of in vivo models includes:
Biomaterial testing and assessment
• GI diseases
• Material biocompatibility
• Medical devices implantation
• Wound healing
• Cardiac bypass
• Vascular/ anastomoses
• Stomas and polyps
Our current range of in vitro models includes:
• Tissue specific Organoids for screening
• Liver, colon, small bowel and skin
• Respiratory epithelium
• Keratinocyte: fibroblast co-culture
Our laboratory services include:
• Histology (paraffin, resin)
• Immunohistochemistry (IHC; single/ double, paraffin)
• Immunocytochemistry (ICC)
• Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
• Proliferation assay
• DNA/RNA extraction, quantification and gel
• Collagen and GAG quantification
• 2D and 3D in vitro cell culture for material cytotoxicity