The Griffin Institute is proud to have a passionate team leading our courses and ensuring that they run safely and smoothly, whilst sharing their invaluable expertise. There are also a number of additional faculties working with us. They have all contributed greatly towards helping achieve our vision.
Training Team at The Griffin Institute
Professor Nader Francis – Director of Training
- Expert colorectal surgeon at Yeovil, and is the Director of Training at The Griffin Institute. His research on education and training underpinned his national/international expertise as trainer and educational lead in the field of minimally invasive surgery.
Sital Vara – Training Lead, Research Surgeon, Study Director
- Training Lead and research Surgeon. Trained under Sandra Shurey for 5 years. Experience in teaching microsurgery and basic surgical skills.
Dr Fiona Carter – Education and Training Consultant
- Has 28 years experience in medical education and runs a social enterprise for surgical training. Fiona also manages the Enhanced Recovery after Surgery Society (UK) and has designed and delivered a wide range of training opportunities for healthcare professionals.
Sandra Shurey – Microsurgical Tutor, Consultant
- Microsurgical tutor. Has over 40 years of experience teaching microsurgery to over 3500 surgeons and lecturers on microsurgical training and techniques.
Karolina Brown – Business Development Manager
- BD Manager, has 13 years experience in commercial roles in life sciences industry combined with scientific background in the field of toxicology.